Recognizing an addiction to prescription drugs is the first step toward recovery. Often, it’s challenging to admit that a substance prescribed for healing has become the source of your pain and struggle. But don’t lose hope. Virtue Recovery Killeen in Texas offers comprehensive prescription addiction treatment programs to guide you on your journey to sobriety. Call 866.843.0545 or contact our team online to learn more about spotting the signs of prescription drug addiction treatment and how we can help you or a loved one recover from substance abuse.
About Prescription Medication
Healthcare professionals legally prescribe prescription medications to treat various health conditions. They can range from pain relievers and sedatives to stimulants, all of which have therapeutic benefits when used correctly. However, these drugs can also be addictive, leading to a severe condition known as prescription drug addiction.
Commonly Abused Prescription Drugs
Commonly abused prescription medication includes the following:
- Opioids, such as oxycodone and hydrocodone
- Benzodiazepines, such as Xanax and Valium
- Stimulants, such as Adderall and Ritalin
These medications have legitimate medical uses but can also cause physical and psychological dependence when misused or used for a prolonged period.
How Prescription Medication Abuse Begins
The development of prescription drug addiction involves several factors, including:
- Prolonged use of the medication
- Taking higher doses than prescribed
- Using the drug for non-medical reasons
- Having easy access to the medication
Addiction to prescription medications often begins innocently. You might start taking medication for a legitimate medical reason, such as managing chronic pain or treating anxiety. However, you may develop a tolerance over time, requiring higher doses to achieve the same effect. This cycle can lead to dependence and, eventually, addiction.
Signs of a Prescription Drug Addiction
Identifying signs of prescription drug addiction is crucial for seeking timely help. Some common indicators include:
- Increased tolerance to the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms without the drug
- Neglecting responsibilities and daily activities
- Changes in mood and behavior
- Craving the medication
If you notice these signs in yourself or a loved one, reaching out to a professional treatment center like Virtue Recovery Killeen is essential. Our team is trained to diagnose and treat prescription drug addiction, helping individuals overcome this challenging condition.
Why Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Is Essential
Prescription drug addiction is not just a phase; it’s a severe condition that requires professional help. Here’s why treatment is essential:
- Safety – Detoxification from prescription drugs can be dangerous if not supervised by medical professionals. Treatment centers provide a safe environment for detox and recovery.
- Comprehensive care – Addiction often co-occurs with other mental health conditions. Prescription drug addiction treatment addresses both the addiction and any underlying mental health issues.
- Support – Recovery is a long journey, and having a supportive community can make a significant difference. Treatment centers offer group therapy and peer support.
Virtue Recovery Killeen offers various prescription drug addiction treatment programs, including alcohol, fentanyl, heroin, benzo, cocaine, and opioid addiction rehab programs. All our services are outpatient-based, allowing you to recover in a familiar environment. Reach out to us today for professional, personalized, and compassionate treatment.
Enroll in Prescription Medication Addiction Treatment at Virtue Recovery Killeen in Texas
Battling prescription drug addiction might seem daunting, but remember, you’re not alone. At Virtue Recovery Killeen, we believe in your ability to overcome this challenge. We’re here to provide compassionate, professional care every step of the way. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction to prescription drugs, reach out to our caring and compassionate team today by calling 866.843.0545 or completing our form online. Start your journey to recovery now because you deserve a life free from addiction.